Inside the Pennsylvania Convention Convention Center
Daily health check-in questionnaires and temperature checks will be required to enter the convention center.
A wellness center will be visible and available to all in-person attendees during event hours. The wellness center will serve as triage for any attendee experiencing Covid symptoms. The wellness center will further evaluate attendees failing daily health check-in or temperature screening.
All convention center staff and suppliers working on behalf of ASMS inside the convention center will be wearing face masks.
Hand sanitizer stations throughout the building provided by the PCC and Freeman Expo.
The Pennsylvania Convention Center (PCC) is managed by ASM Global
Highlights of the PCC protocols are shared below. View complete document for additional details.
ASM Global established venue cleaning protocols called VenueShield™, which is available to convention centers, stadiums, arenas, theaters and special event spaces worldwide.
ASM Global has established cleaning protocols which will continue within the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
The VenueShield Environmental Hygiene Program works with over 400 products that include the recommended requirements for disinfecting various surfaces containing;
- Accelerated Hydrogen Peroxides – commercially available from Diversey as
Oxivir or equivalent.
- Quaternary Ammonia – commercially available form Diversey as Virex II 256 or
- Alcohol-Based – disinfectants must be at least 60% alcohol containing ethanol or
isopropanol are acceptable.
- Chlorine-Based – to include bleach solutions
- The VenueShield Environmental Hygiene program is available for review on our website at
To provide attendees an extra layer of confidence in our protocols, the Pennsylvania Convention Center has achieved the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR Accreditation.
Nothing is more important than to demonstrate a clean and safe facility in which to do business.
In order to achieve that trust, we continue to take the following steps:
- Deep Clean Plan: prepares the building to host events at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
- Keep It Clean Plan: enhanced frequency of cleaning and sanitization with the latest chemicals to kill viruses.
Pennsylvania Convention Center (PCC) Building & HVAC
- Implemented air quality improvements include:
- Increasing building outside air intake/air exchange rates during occupied event hours.
- Ongoing process of replacing HVAC air filters with higher efficiency MERV-14 filters.
- Advanced plasma air purification technology for larger spaces are being installed.
- All Life Safety Systems are maintained by the PCC’s in-house and third-party contractors. City of Philadelphia Certification is required for these systems. Records are kept on file and up-to-date on our ALTUM CMMS Software.
- KONE UV escalator handrail sanitization system installed.
Food Service by Aramark inside the Pennsylvania Convention Center
As the exclusive foodservice provider at the Pennsylvania Convention Center, Aramark is committed to creating experiences that enrich and nourish lives. With that commitment comes the understanding that providing world class food services in a safe and friendly environment is our top priority when it comes to servicing your next event to create memorable experiences for you and your attendees. Aramark has dedicated its resources to developing new ways to provide you with options to seamlessly transition back to a new normal.
Aramark EverSafe™ is a multi-dimensional platform created to support the safe re-opening and sustainable management of our client locations around the world. Enhanced procedures are outlined below with new ways of providing catering and concession services to guests attending events:
Contactless Point of Sale for Concessions
Catering Break Set-ups
- Create layouts to accommodate distancing.
- Prevent attendees from grouping together at food/coffee stations
- Limit number of guests in a room according to building policy.
- Hand sanitizers around food service areas.
- Shielded registers at checkout for concessions sales
- Individually packaged food and beverage offerings
- Single use utensils and condiments
- Individually wrapped catering cutlery rollups