Your Dues Support the Society Activities & Outreach
- Publications: reprints of classic, out of print mass spectrometry books
- Awards: numerous prestigious awards and grants to recognize and support the mass spectrometry community
- Other special programs such as the Emerging Talent: Academia, Government, and Industry webinar series to highlight young researchers transitioning to their first positions.
- Annual Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics: an open forum for the presentation of scientific research and the development of new applications and technology.
- The Fall Workshop: tutorial education on emerging techniques and applications
- The Asilomar and Sanibel Conferences: highly focused conferences on specific research topics in an informal setting.
Membership Cycle (Validity Period)
Membership cycle and benefits, including Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry subscription, are based on the calendar year, January 1 through December 31. If you join or renew mid-year, benefits begin with date of payment to the end of the calendar year. Memberships paid on/after November 2 will have an expiration date the following year.
Emeritus membership status is for ASMS members (at least 10 years consecutive years of membership) who have retired from the field of mass spectrometry. To convert a regular membership to emeritus membership, please contact the ASMS office (firstname.lastname@example.org). Emeritus memberships need to be kept active and renewed each year by the emeritus member. Once a regular membership is converted to emeritus, the emeritus member may renew their membership for future years online or ask for assistance from the ASMS office.
Special emeritus member benefits include complimentary membership and annual conference registration. These special benefits are in addition to the regular member benefits listed above.
For existing emeritus members, to renew your membership for 2023. Please take one of the following actions:
- Renew yourself online. Contact email@example.com if you need assistance with your login credentials in order to login and renew yourself online.
- Complete this special emeritus renewal form available as fill-in PDF form (complete on your computer then save or print) or a standard PDF (print and then complete with a pen). Completed forms should be submitted to the email address included on the form.