ASMS is one of the most dynamic scientific societies in the world. Your membership is a key factor in the Society's success and longevity. ASMS member dues ($65 regular and $40 student) have not increased in 25 years! Enjoy the benefits of ASMS immediately by joining or renewing today.
Please note that membership is based on the calendar year (January 1-December 31). Dues paid prior to November 2 are valid for the current year only. Dues paid beginning November 2 will be valid through the following year.
Online dues payment (for renewals and new members)
Printable membership form is also available if you prefer email or fax (credit card payments) or mail a check payment.
Annual dues for members include a $25 subscription to JASMS (now online only). Dues remain unchanged for 19 years!
- Regular $65 and Student $40
- Emeritus $0 (see detail below on Emeritus Membership eligibility and benefits)
An individual ASMS membership includes the following benefits:
- Subscription to the monthly Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry (JASMS). JASMS is now digital/online only. The printed issues ceased 2019-December 31. ASMS members receive access to all current and past issues of JASMS. Learn how to access JASMS online.
- Discounted registration for all conferences and short courses (annual meeting, Asilomar, Sanibel, & Fall Workshop.)
- Proceedings of the annual conferences (digital archive through 1997 and then PDF archive back to 1962.)
- Access and free postings in the online Career Center.
- Access to members-only information on the website including Wiley and IJMS archives and archived annual conference proceedings.
Your Dues Support the Society Activities & Outreach
- Publications: reprints of classic, out of print mass spectrometry books
- Awards: numerous prestigious awards and grants to recognize and support the mass spectrometry community
- Other special programs such as the Emerging Talent: Academia, Government, and Industry webinar series to highlight young researchers transitioning to their first positions.
- Annual Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics: an open forum for the presentation of scientific research and the development of new applications and technology.
- The Fall Workshop: tutorial education on emerging techniques and applications
- The Asilomar and Sanibel Conferences: highly focused conferences on specific research topics in an informal setting.
Membership Cycle (Validity Period)
Membership cycle and benefits, including Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry subscription, are based on the calendar year, January 1 through December 31. If you join or renew mid-year, benefits begin with date of payment to the end of the calendar year. Memberships paid on/after November 2 will have an expiration date the following year.
Emeritus membership status is for ASMS members (at least 10 years consecutive membership) who have retired from the field of mass spectrometry. To convert a regular membership to emeritus membership, please contact the ASMS office (info [at] asms [dot] org). Emeritus memberships need to be kept active and renewed each year. Once a regular membership is converted to emeritus, the emeritus member may renew their membership for future years online or ask for assistance from the ASMS office.
Special emeritus member benefits include complimentary membership and annual conference registration. These special benefits are in addition to the regular member benefits listed above.