Attendance stipends recipients will receive a free registration. We expect a competitive pool of applicants for these stipends. We encourage applicants to register for the workshop (when registration opens on August 25.) If an applicant is selected to receive an attendance stipend their paid registration will be refunded. It is not required to register, but we do expect the workshop to sell out before the advance registration deadline so you may not have an opportunity to register after the stipend selection if you are not selected.
August 27, 2021 [Online application will open in June 2021]
Eligibility & Requirements
Applicants must be a full-time graduate student or post-doc within two years of first appointment.
- Applicant must not have received Sanibel, Fall Workshop, Asilomar Conference nor Annual Conference Graduate Student travel award within the calendar year of the conference.
- Limit of one applicant per research group (student or post-doc).
- Letter of recommendation from advisor. Applicant may upload in the online application or advisor may email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Letter must be received by the application deadline.
- 250-word max applicant statement.
- ASMS membership. Preference may be given to students and postdocs that are members of ASMS.
Instructions to Apply
- Complete the online application form and click the 'Submit Form' button at the end. You will receive a confirmation email (sent to applicant email address entered in the online form). Online application will be available in June 2021.
- A letter of recommendation from your advisor / professor is required. Applicant may upload the letter to the form directly or advisor may send their letter via email to email@example.com. Application is NOT complete until this letter is received or uploaded. Applicant is responsible for insuring that letter is either uploaded with this online application or sent to office via email (by advisor).