ASMS members have two methods to gain their free access/subscription:
Option 1: ASMS Members Direct Link to JASMS Online
New! Direct JASMS Access for ASMS Members at ACS Publications
- Follow link above, you will be prompted to enter ASMS.org sign-in credentials if you are not already logged onto ASMS.org. If you are not a current member of ASMS (expiration date 12/31/2020 or 12/31/2021), you will be denied access.
- You will be re-directed in a new browser tab to the JASMS homepage at ACS Publications with "Access provided by American Society for Mass Spectrometry (ASMS)" in the upper right corner. See image below.
- Search, view, download full articles at no cost! A benefit of your ASMS membership.
NOTE: If you have non-ASMS institutional access to ACS Pubs, consider opening the special direct link in an incognito or private window to avoid interference with your non-ASMS institutional access to ACS Pubs. To do this in Chrome, right-click the special link and select to open in 'new incognito window'. To do this in Firefox, right-click the special link and select 'open link in new private window'.
Option 2: Access from Pubs.ACS.org
ASMS members can also gain their free access from the ACS Publications site using institutional access protocol.
- Go to www.pubs.acs.org and click the 'Find my institution' link from ACS Publications website. Be sure you are not signed in via your institution already, if you are, you may wish to logout.
- Type ASMS into the 'Search for my institution' bar or click 'Other' from the 'Find Institution by Federation' list.
- Select American Society for Mass Spectrometry (ASMS) and you will be prompted to sign-on with your ASMS.org credentials.
- Locate JASMS from list of publications. As in the screenshot above you will see 'Access provided by American Society for Mass Spectrometry (ASMS)' in the upper right corner.
JASMS Article Abstracts Available to Everyone
Anyone can browse and search for article citations and abstracts at the JASMS page on ACS Publications website.