What to do for your TALK at ASMS
Oral presenters can purchase the recording of THEIR presentation, complete the Recording Order Form. Note, you must have permission from the presenter to purchase their recording.
As a speaker at ASMS, please do the following:
- Remember to include conflict of interest disclosure on your first or second slide (see below list for more info). This is new for 2023. If there are no conflicts to declare, simply include this statement: The authors declare no competing financial interest.
- Plan your talk for 17 minutes MAX. The remaining 3 minutes of your slot will be for speaker transition and Q&A.
- ASMS policy states that institutional or company logos may appear only once (NOT on every slide). Please take care to respect this rule.
- Take your presentation to the Speaker Ready Room 330AB (Level Three) at least one day prior to your talk to upload your presentation to the AV network. You may not load presentations in the session room. Technicians will be in the Speaker Ready Room according to the schedule printed in the program.
- Presentation File type: Preferred is PowerPoint (PPT). If you are unable to use PowerPoint, Keynote or PDF will be acceptable. NOTE: The 'Notes' view in PowerPoint will NOT be available. If you need notes during your presentation, please print them in advance and bring them with you.
- Prepare your presentation with 16:9 aspect ratio. Most session rooms are LARGE – seating 700-1,000 people. Be sure your visuals are clear and very legible.
- Arrive in session room 30 minutes before the start of your session to introduce yourself to the session chair.
What is a conflict of interest disclosure?
A statement on behalf of all authors describing any competing and/or relevant financial interest. All potential sources of bias, including affiliations, funding sources, and financial or management relationships, that may constitute conflicts of interest should be listed.
If there are no conflicts to declare, simply include this statement: The authors declare no competing financial interest.