Statement on Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

Posted March 17, 2020

We continue to monitor the rapidly evolving COVID-19 outbreak and the challenges it poses to events like the ASMS Conference. As of today, March 17, we plan to move forward with the 68th ASMS Conference, May 31-June 4, 2020. A formal re-evaluation will take place in mid-April regarding the viability of holding the conference. We will provide you with weekly updates to keep you informed.

This means:

Deadline for abstract withdrawal is adjusted to April 30. This deadline adjustment allows you to push back whether or not you will present your abstract at the meeting. We understand that some may need to withdraw now.

Conference and short course registration. For now we will continue to work with our standard April 30 deadline. After April 30 fees will increase by $50. If there is an ultimate decision to cancel the conference and short courses, all registrants will receive a full refund.

Hotel reservations within the ASMS block have a 72-hour cancellation deadline (three days before check-in.) This applies only to reservations made using ASMS housing bureau link posted to 
We know how much ASMS means to our community. While we hope that we won’t have to cancel, we recognize that it is a possibility. We are striving to balance making an informed decision (see how things go over the next month) with giving our members, corporate members, and all attendees enough time to plan. Take care of yourselves and stay tuned for our updates.

Additional Resources and Information